Famous managers of the world!
Famous managers of the world, who are they? Due to what succeeded, achieved incredible success? In the article we will study the experience of great managers, we will search for the secrets of success, adopt strategies and tactics of the best managers of the world. Any organization, business develops due to the human factor - the cadres decide everything, maybe a great idea, but it is important to be able to implement it, create a team, lead.
Top 5 great managers of our time
The most simple and effective method of development is to use the experience of successful people in business: what unites them, what are the principles of life, managerial work? Consider the most effective managers according to INSEAD experts:
Steve Jobs is one of the founders and CEO of Apple. Thanks to its management, the yield on shares exceeded three thousand percent, and the capitalization exceeded one hundred and fifty billion US dollars. Steve worked for the company from the 76th to the 85th year, but because of internal disputes he left the company for 15 years and returned to the 96th, which helped him to revive the company, regain market leadership and create a series of popular products - iMac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, and iPad.
Basic principles of Steve Jobs:
- Set high goals - to understand what you want to spend life: "pour soda or change the world?"
- Pay attention to design - in the understanding of Jobs design is not only the appearance, but also the device, the convenience of work, the harmony of the product. It is worth to strive for excellence, the balance of beauty and comfort in use.
- Observe the greatness in every detail - Steve believed that there are no trifles, unimportant details, everything should be at a high level, meet high standards of quality.
- The presence of taste - for the success of the product on the market, its creators should have a taste, be able to create a beautiful and comfortable thing, and not a parody of comics, it is worth developing aesthetic perception of the world, strive for the beautiful.
- The love of work is a person who loves his work, is ready to invest soul in it, create a new one and make a breakthrough in his sphere, so it is important to find your own realization or to love the work of your life. Any company can be mediocre and do not make people happy or transform into a masterpiece, a temple, to bring light and beauty to people. Work always on a maximum.
- Innovation is the way to success - in today's rapidly developing world it is important to find opportunities for development, creating new products, looking to the future, who is faster oriented and finds ideas, he is doing well. And financial management should be reliable and to count all in advance, not playing roulette with destiny.
- Orientation for the best - the feature of Steve in the ability to predict, create a market, he learned to exceed the expectations of customers, so he focused not on demand, but on the forecast, building the future. It's really his talent - to look ahead, create incredible products, surprise consumers.
- Well-known managers of the world always act to outstrip the market and consumer demand, create fashion and popularity of new products.
Yun Chen En
Yun Chen En is a successful manager, general manager of Samsung Electronics. What helped him to increase the company's profitability by one thousand four hundred percent? How have you achieved new successes and prosperity?
Yun Chen developed a four-point development plan for the company:
- The introduction of new rules - strict economy, getting rid of unprofitable units, reducing unnecessary expenses by thirty percent in general.
- The rejection of old devices, the development of new products, the involvement of new project managers and developers, the expansion of the geographical composition of employees. The company received new young and ambition leaders, fresh blood brought new ideas. The development of a new laptop and smart phone began.
- Development and inculcation of new corporate values. It was possible to achieve the maximum cooperation of units, the key words were "figure", "convergence". There were changes in the image of the company, the desire for world fame made special demands - selling products only through elite stores, rather than supermarkets, and participation as sponsor in the Olympics also increased the prestige of Samsung.
- The final, stabilizing stage - Yun Chen breathed new life into the company, there appeared competitive goods and new sales markets were opened. The company's production is represented in fourteen countries, and two-thirds of the revenue is coming from other countries.
- The management rules of the director of Samsung are always to strive for leadership in the market, the rejection of compromises and stereotypes, the development of the company, the introduction of new technologies, innovative products.
John Chambers - became a well-known manager, leading the computer company Cisco Systems, which produces equipment for the Internet. Over a period of 5 years (91-95), he managed to increase the profitability of the company six-fold, amounted to seven and a half billion US dollars. He held a management position for twenty years, contributed to the success and development of the company.
Features of the management policy from John Chambers:
- Work ahead of competitors - the manager has always sought to introduce modern technology into the company's work, for example, holding virtual meetings, has reduced the cost of travel. Use of modern achievements in production.
- Emphasis on cooperation - in the management of the team, John Chambers gave up command methods, preferring joint activities, education and development of employees. Skilled management of personnel allowed to save about six hundred ninety thousand dollars, increasing productivity, by five percent. The company became an innovator and legislator in promoting teamwork, which was borrowed by other organizations.
- Careful selection of personnel - the formation of a team of professionals - one of the main tasks of the head. John announced the search for talent, recruiters were constantly looking for the best of the best, and for the interest of the staff created a program - employee feedback. The invited people called real employees and talked about the benefits of working with Cisco Systems.
- Development of employees - the manager understood that to increase the potential of employees it is important for them to expand their terms of reference, and managers to learn to delegate, it is impossible to limit people to one functions.
- Leadership is possible at any time - the main task of the company is to look for ways to stay among the best, even during periods of market downturn, to find special approaches, to move forward. One should never give up, it is important to be able to adapt, break away from others, find an outlet, advantages. This is an important principle for managers and their teams.
John Martin is a well-known manager, director of Gilead Sciences, a biotechnology company. The growth of the company's profitability was provided by a drug against hepatitis C, which was previously considered incurable, now a 12-week course is sufficient, using the antiviral medication Sovaldi. Gilead Sciences became the market leader under John Martin. What actions led to success?
- Successful investment - the acquisition of the company Pharmasset Inc., which developed the drug Sovaldi. The cost of investments was about 11 billion dollars. This was a risk, because the company was not known and was estimated at the exchange much lower - two hundred million dollars. USA.
- Gilead Sciences is gaining leadership, as it has special rights to distribute the drug, competitors have suspended studies due to side effects, and new such drugs have not been put into production.
- A successful advertising company - there were stories of incredible healing, and from the lips of celebrities (Pamela Andersen and other actors). Famous personalities and their stories from the first mouth always cause trust.
- Monopoly of the market - the appearance of the new drug provided a huge increase in the company's profitability, together with Harvoni and Epclusa (drugs of this kind), sales volumes exceeded ten billion dollars. in the 14th year and nineteen billion in the 15th. The number of buyers from around the world exceeded one million people.
- Low cost of the product - the cost of the drug is 1 thousand dollars. at a cost of one hundred dollars, which ensures high profitability. The company was attacked for a high price, but in the absence of competition and development, it supported the level of value and received high sales. In the future - it is possible to reduce it, in the market there are similar drugs, more affordable to customers. The idea is that innovators always have the ability to generate super profits.
- Well-known managers of the world find new niches and markets for sale, search for areas where there is demand, but there is a lack of supply, develop technology in all fields of activity - medicine, computer inventions, industry.
Jeff Bezos is the creator and director of Amazon. This man has achieved incredible success, his capital was ninety-one and a half billion dollars and exceeded the Bill Gates figures by five hundred million, now he is the richest in the world. What was the way to success, which contributed to the growth of business?
- The presence of curiosity - Jeff was always inquisitive, delved into the essence and structure of things, it combines a wonderful programmer, technologist and innovator, creative personality.
- A successful idea for business - in 1995, it dawned on the idea of creating an online bookstore, at that time they were not distributed, and trade on the Internet was at the initial stages. He found a professional website creator, and jointly developed an online store project.
- Innovation - Jeff introduced new ideas: purchase in one click, customer reviews, confirmation of orders via e-mail. His task was to create a convenient and attractive service for clients.
- Special values of the company - the well-known manager defined six key principles for his business: loyalty to the client, the right to property, active work, reasonable expenses (cost-saving), high criteria for employees, a search for new and constant development.
- Expansion of the list of goods and services - Jeff Bezons did not stop at selling books, continued to develop the store in other segments of the market - the sale of disks, toys, electronic equipment. To date, Amazon.com is one of the largest online stores around the world, and the leader (Jeff Bezons) received the "Person of the Year" award in 1999 for the rapid growth and introduction of new approaches in business.
- Continued development - Jeff never stops on his laurels, seeks new opportunities, areas for expanding his business, gets great pleasure from implementing his own projects, with a child's enthusiasm and spontaneity goes forward, counting, however, every move.
- Aspiration to minimize the cost - a successful manager always focused on the large volume of consumers and the mass of acquisitions on the Internet. I tried to work to reduce costs, and not increase, as market monopolies.
Additional areas of activity of Amazon:
- acquisition and use of a huge database (movies, actors, video games);
- search engine Alexa Internet, which is also a database of various sites;
- created its own search engine, the name - A9, the main goal - to help people in the search for goods among online stores;
- sale of sports goods, represented by more than three thousand brands;
- the company bought a large Chinese online store, expanding its influence in the Asian market;
- computer rental services for cloud computing, managers see the prospect of developing these services and increasing profitability;
- to the development and popular products of the company is the electronic book Amazon Kindle, which allows you to download books on the Internet and at any time read interesting literature.
Jeff Bezons made e-books and reading popular in the modern world popular, saw new opportunities in the ever-growing audience of the Internet, was able to effectively implement their own ideas and tasks. He is called "the best manager of modern times", and many expressions have become winged. It is worth learning from such leaders.